Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A Moment...

So, yesterday I had a moment...a moment of breakdown...and what was it over? Trying to decide if I should go to childbirth class.  Could it really be that hard of  a decision?  Well, believe me it was! I had already signed up for the class but it was 55 dollars, and we just didn't have it at the end of the month.  And then, I didn't want to go if it wasn't going to be useful.  But then my mom thought it was a good idea and my prideful self thought, if I go into labor and don't know something that I should have known and my mom says "I told you so".  I am going to be a very very not happy person!! So...in the end, through many tears and stress, Clark and I decided to bite the bullet and go!  I am so glad that we did.  Clark made me laugh so much, he kept calling himself the "coach".  He would say "just let the coach do it" , "Just call me coach"  It made me laugh!! And then at the end, he had to give me a 15 minute back and shoulder massage and the teacher wouldn't let them stop.  It was AWESOME and worth the whole 55 dollars for just that!! :) But really, I think that it helped Clark so much to hear all that she had to say, because while I knew most of it (I read way to many books!!) he didn't know anything, so it was very helpful!!  Any thoughts from you mothers or mothers to be on child birth class? Was it really helpful in the end??

On a side note....I had lots of fun pics to post from Easter, but somehow I left my camera in Scottsboro...so I will be posting them soon... :) 

Sadie is moving like crazy...this is so much fun!! :) I just wish that I could sleep better and didn't feel exhausted all day.... *yawn* .....I am off to bed.... 

2 comments:

Mandy Mc said...

Because we are planning to deliver at the birth center with midwives, we were required to take a child birth class. We could pick any kind of class we wanted to take, but all first time parents have to take a child birth class of some sort. We decided to take one with a lady (a former doula) who specializes in techniques for natural child birth. She holds her classes at the birth center and so is very familiar with their facility as well as their policies. So far, we are really enjoying it, but it's LONG. It's an 8-week class that meets on Monday nights from 7:30-10. We are learning a lot though and it's fun to be in class with some other couples who are due around the same time that we are.

I'm glad that you decided to go ahead and take the class. I know that I could just read about most of this stuff, but it means so much more to have someone there showing me how to do something or telling me stories about the countless births she's attended...there's something comforting in the company, you know? Plus, I get to watch lots of child birth videos and who wouldn't want to do that :-)

Anonymous said...

Phil and I took the 4 hour childbirth class instead of the 8 week course. I felt that I needed to learn everything I could (I read millions of books too)!! The class was fun, but I didn't find it any more informative than reading the books. But at least we kind of knew what to expect afterwards and I agree with you that the massage at the end was worth it!

Unfortunately I didn't really pay much attention to the part on c-sections, and was terrified when they said the words! Chances are you won't need a c-section, but please don't do like I did and ignore the c-section parts thinking you'll never need one, because you never know what's going to happen until it happens! And don't worry, if you do end up having to have a c-section, it's really not that bad.

Bobbie